Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program
Mission Australia's Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program provides training to increase skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and maths.
Our aim is to help remove one of the major barriers to employment and to make life easier for your client. All our courses are available at no cost and are supplied by Mission Australia.
Who might benefit?
- Clients for whom English is a second language
- Those who request help to improve their language, literacy or numeracy skills
- Early school leavers, or those with a record of interrupted schooling or underachievement
- Clients who have difficulty completing forms or interpreting written instructions
- Clients who frequently miss meetings, or get the time wrong, and who don't seem to receive letters requesting their attendance
- English as a second language clients must have attended the Adult Migrant Education Program.
- Remember that your client may not recognise their need or may be reluctant to ask for help.
- Mission Australia's courses are designed to help develop skills in a supportive and friendly atmosphere. Learning is self paced, guided by qualified and experienced professional staff
- Courses are designed to help give clients confidence when looking for work, or just performing daily tasks. Learning resources are aligned to the work environment and are provided by Mission Australia
- Work experience can be arranged as part of the training. LLNP can satisfy Intensive Activity requirements
- The length of training depends on individual needs. Courses are provided in 200 hour modules, with minimum attendance of 10 hours per week
- Our staff will be available to provide updates and feedback on progress to you as the referral source.
How long does the training take?
The length of training depends on your personal needs. Training is delivered in 200 hour blocks and you can choose to attend for 10 to 20 hours per week. To enrol in further training, just talk to our staff.
For more information or to refer your client, please phone 1300 MPOWER (1300 676 937)