Pathways away from homelessness
Mission Australia believes all Australians should be able to live in a safe, secure and affordable home.
We recognise that people become homeless due to a range of issues including mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse, personal tragedy and unemployment. These are issues that can affect any one of us unexpectedly and leave us in need of assistance.
We seek first to understand individuals and their families, and then work alongside them to help them overcome the varied challenges they face and break the cycle of homelessness.
We work to address the underlying causes that lead people to spiral into homelessness. Our staff are empowered to develop long term solutions that fit with the specific needs of their homeless clients, their family and their community.
The City of Sydney's Homeless Persons Information Centre (HPIC) can be contaced on 1800 234 566. The HPIC offers telephone information and referrals for people in the community who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
Here are some of our services that help homeless Australians:
- Café One on Wickham (QLD)
- Catalyst-Clemente Program (NSW, SA, QLD, VIC, WA)
- Coastal Sydney Aboriginal Tenancy Support Service (CSATSS) (NSW)
- Community Connections (NSW)
- Fairlight Centre (NSW)
- Geraldton, Meekatharra and Mid West regions (WA)
- Going Places (QLD)
- Grass Roots (NT)
- Housing and Accommodation Support Initative (NSW)
- Jacaranda House (WA)
- Macarthur Youth Connections (NSW)
- Michael’s Intensive Supported Housing Accord Service (MISHA) (NSW)
- Mission Australia Centre - Kingswood (NSW)
- Mission Australia Centre - Surry Hills (NSW)
- Missionbeat (NSW)
- Newcastle Adult Accommodation Support Service (NAASS) - (NSW)
- Offender Reintegration Support Service (QLD)
- Personal Helpers and Mentors Program (NSW, SA, TAS, NT)
- Reconnect (NSW, SA, QLD, WA)
- Residential Aged Care (NSW)
- Resolve (QLD)
- Roma House (QLD)
- Youth Accommodation Support Service (WA)
- Wattle House (WA)
For more information contact your local Mission Australia state office.