Families NSW (NSW)
- Created on Thursday, 25 October 2012 11:35
Located at the Mission Australia Centre Kingswood, Families NSW consists of the Community Hub program and the Nepean Parenting Network.
Community Hub program
The Community Hub program provides services for families in the Mt Druitt and St Marys areas, with a focus on providing activities in partnership with local public schools. These activities aim to build links and networks for families with young children.
The Hub program includes:
- Community activities that bring families together
- Supported playgroups for young children
- Parent support activities, including 123 Magic and Triple P parenting programs
- Networking and sharing knowledge with other agencies.
Nepean Parenting Network
The Nepean Parenting Network is a project that supports and connects parents in the St Marys, Penrith and Hawkesbury areas.
The Nepean Parenting Network includes:
- A program for parents under 21 years
- The Hawkesbury Young Parents’ Pregnancy Support Group
- Antenatal classes in the Hawkesbury
- 123 Magic and Triple P parenting programs
- Supported playgroups run in partnership with other organisations
- Group activities promoting early literacy.
Paint Penrith REaD
In addition to the Families NSW programs, we also run Paint Penrith REaD for Western Sydney families. Based at our Mission Australia Centre Kingswood, this program encourages local communities to support the development of children’s early literacy skills from birth, so they are prepared to learn how to read and write when they start school.
Paint Penrith REaD services include:
- Reading mornings
- Facilitate activities with partners
- Events with a literacy focus
- Visits from the Rooby Roo reading kangaroo mascot.
For more information
Please download our Paint Penrith REaD brochure below or contact us for more information.
Mission Australia Centre Kingswood
46 Bringelly Rd, Kingswood
P: (02) 4724 3000
F: (02) 4724 3006