9-5 Monday to Friday
The young people that Reconnect works with face a variety of issues including:
- Unstable accommodation and housing
- Poverty and financial hardship
- Domestic violence and family crisis
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Parental unemployment
- Disengagement from education
- Mental and physical health issues
- Challenges of being a newly arrived refugee, and a survivor of torture and trauma.
The program ensures young people and their families are provided with access to a wide variety of networks and services to support their needs including:
Who we assist
We assist young people who are aged 12 - 18 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and their families.
To access Reconnect, you must be 12-18 years of age, be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless or experiencing family conflict. This program is voluntary.
We receive referrals, referrals by friends and/or family or referrals by other agencies via phone or email. A Reconnect worker will talk to the referring person and contact will be attempted with a young person or family within 24 hrs of receiving referral.