ParentsNext aims to help you develop:
- Confidence to apply for and sustain long term employment
- Confidence to complete education and employment courses
- Improved financial awareness and budgeting
- Supportive and meaningful relationships with family and friends
- Improved quality of life through accessing clinical mental health and counselling services
- Confidence to independently access services, activities and community opportunities
- Improved strategies to find work life balance.
Parents may have to participate in ParentsNext if they have:
* received Parenting Payment for the last six months
* not had employment earnings during this period, and
* a child aged under six years.
Centrelink will contact parents who need to participate in ParentsNext and connect them to a local provider.
Parents who receive Parenting Payment and have a child under six years can volunteer for ParentsNext if they live in an Intensive Stream location.
Through DHS (Centrelink) or self-referrals for voluntary participants