Policy, research and advocacy
Mission Australia Housing is an active and contemporary participant in the community housing sector. We undertake independent research and submit publications on the key issues affecting our community housing programs and the people who use them to various levels of government. Our research, policy and advocacy is supported by the specialist resources within Mission Australia, which has 160 years’ experience in delivering community services, our efforts are evidence based and benchmarked against industry best practice so that we can stand alongside people in need and speak up on their behalf in a truly genuine and informed way.
Importantly, as thought leaders, our findings contribute to discussions about key and emerging issues in the Australian media, academia, business and the community; and we are key advocates at various Housing and Homelessness conferences.
- Abandoned Properties and Goods Policy
- Absence from Dwelling Policy
- Affordable Housing Policy
- Allocation of Housing Policy
- Alterations Modifications Policy
- Anti Social Behaviour Policy
- Appeals and Complaints Policy
- Arrears Management Policy
- Asset Inspections Policy
- Breach of Tenancy Policy
- Client Products and Subsidies Policy
- Communicating with Tenants and Stakeholders
- Dual Keys Policy
- Eligibility for Housing Policy
- Ending Tenancies Policy
- Housing Applications Policy
- Inspections Policy
- Keeping Pets Policy
- Making Changes to Your Tenancy Policy
- Managing Hoarding and Squalor Policy
- Occupancy Policy
- Rents, Bonds and Other Charges Policy
- Responsive Repairs Policy
- Starting Tenancies Policy
- Tailored Support Coordination Policy
- Tenant Committees Policy
- Tenure Policy
What we learn from our research helps us to plan and develop new housing programs and re-shape existing programs to make sure we continue to meet evolving community housing needs across each state and in each local community.
In partnership with one of Australia’s largest Not For Profit community service organisations, Mission Australia and Mission Australia Housing also collaborate with universities, other community housing and community service providers, and with government agencies on research and policy projects to help build sector capability and capacity. Learn more about how our research can improve our services.