The young people that Reconnect works with face a variety of issues including:
- Unstable accommodation and housing
- Poverty and financial hardship
- Domestic violence and family crisis
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Parental unemployment
- Disengagement from education
- Mental and physical health issues
- Challenges of being a newly arrived refugee, and a survivor of torture and trauma.
The program ensures young people and their families are provided with access to a wide variety of networks and services to support their needs including:
Who we assist
We assist young people who are aged 12 - 18 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and their families.
To access Reconnect, you must be 12-18 years of age, living in the area (LGA) of City of Sydney or Leichhardt
Anyone can call 9357 1144 and speak to one of the Reconnect Inner City staff and make a referral; please take note if you are ringing on behalf of a young person that we are a voluntary service and the young person must consent to the referral for support to be provided.