The young people that Reconnect works with face a variety of issues including:
- Unstable accommodation and housing
- Poverty and financial hardship
- Domestic violence and family crisis
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Parental unemployment
- Disengagement from education
- Mental and physical health issues
- Challenges of being a newly arrived refugee, and a survivor of torture and trauma.
The program ensures young people and their families are provided with access to a wide variety of networks and services to support their needs including:
Who we assist
We assist young people who are aged 12 - 18 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and their families.
To be eligible for Reconnect, you must be aged between 12 and 18 years, at risk of homelessness and voluntary engage with the program.
We receive self-referrals or referrals by other community or government agencies or via schools by phoning service or completing a referral form and faxing or emailing to service.