The young people that Reconnect works with face a variety of issues including:
- Unstable accommodation and housing
- Poverty and financial hardship
- Domestic violence and family crisis
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Parental unemployment
- Disengagement from education
- Mental and physical health issues
- Challenges of being a newly arrived refugee, and a survivor of torture and trauma.
The program ensures young people and their families are provided with access to a wide variety of networks and services to support their needs including:
Who we assist
We assist young people who are aged 12 - 18 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and their families.
To access Reconnect, you must be 12-18 years of age, be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless or experiencing family conflict. This program is voluntary.
Clients can self-refer or can be referred by other agencies / family members by contacting the service by phone or in person.