Are you a parent of a child aged between 6 months and 5 years of age? ParentsNext can assist you to be ready to re-enter the workforce as your child reaches school age, increasing your independence and having a positive impact on the quality of your family life.
ParentsNext aims to help you develop:
- Confidence to apply for and sustain long term employment
- Confidence to complete education and employment courses
- Improved financial awareness and budgeting
- Supportive and meaningful relationships with family and friends
- Improved quality of life through accessing clinical mental health and counselling services
- Confidence to independently access services, activities and community opportunities
- Improved strategies to find work life balance.
You can access ParentsNext if:
- Your youngest child is between six months and five years of age; and
- You have not done paid work in the last six months; and
- You live in the Logan, Bankstown or Shellharbour Local Government Area.
We can meet with you in person or over the phone – whatever is convenient for you. Once we get to know you, we’ll work together on a Participant Plan that caters for your specific needs. This may include things like:
- Accessing relevant activities and services to improve your personal situation and work-readiness
- Using interpreters
- Increasing your literacy and numeracy skills
- Referring you to education to help you complete Year 12 or gain a Certificate III or higher qualification
- Other activities, including voluntary work.
How can you access ParentsNext?
- Centrelink can refer you if you’re eligible
- Eligible parents in the Local Government Areas below can also register by contacting your local ParentsNext office
Mission Australia offers the ParentsNext program in these Local Government Areas:
Search the site
Founding Purpose - 'Inspired by Jesus Christ, Mission Australia exists to meet human need and to spread the knowledge of the love of God'