Achieve your goals and find work-life balance
Feeling overwhelmed by choosing a direction for your future?
Have goals but don't know where to start?
Need support with balancing study or employment goals with parenting responsibilities?
We're here to help! - Mission Australia's ParentsNext program can assist you to achieve your goals and be ready to re-enter the workforce as your child reaches school age, increasing your independence and having a positive impact on the quality of your family life.
Who is ParentsNext for?
You can access ParentsNext as a voluntary participant if:
- Your youngest child is under 6 years of age; and
- You are in receipt of Parenting Payment; and
- You reside in an eligible Local Government Area
- Are not already a current ParentsNext Compulsory Participant.
ParentsNext aims to help you develop:
- Confidence to complete education and employment courses and support accessing the technology and materials you need to be successful
- Financial awareness and budgeting support
- Supportive and meaningful relationships with family and friends
- Improved quality of life through accessing clinical mental health and counselling services
- Confidence to independently access services, activities and community opportunities
- Improved strategies to find work life balance while you meet your parenting responsibilities
- Confidence to apply for and sustain long-term employment and offer potential employers a wage subsidy to help you make that transition back into the workforce in a role that fits with you and your family.